The Friends exist to:
- Campaign for wise and effective management of the Parks and State Forests of the region.
- Promote understanding and appreciation of the natural values of the Box Ironbark forests.
- Campaign for enlightened planning decisions where development proposals may impact on the natural environment.
- Assist the recovery of threatened species in the region’s woodlands with research, knowledge and resources.
- Seek management action to eradicate and control pests and weeds on public lan
- Encourage landowners to actively pursue environmentally sound practices to enhance biodiversity on their properties.
- Promote a vision of the landscape in which cultural and natural values work together.
- Provide critical support for the management of the Castlemaine Diggings National Heritage Park, and in particular to work for a balanced approach to cultural and natural values.
- Promote co operation between public and private land managers, with a view to the development of a common community approach to a healthy and productive landscape.
We encourage you to join and support these aims.