A drop in session in Castlemaine on Sunday 20 May was a chance for interested residents to check out plans for indigenous co management of parks in north central Victoria.
None of the parks in question are in the Mount Alexander region, but the environmental and management problems faced by all of them are very similar to what we are dealing with, so the management approach being proposed is of great interest to us.
The draft joint management plan for the parks is open for public comment now. You can find it here. It’s a fascinating document, definitely worth a read [see a few details below].
The draft proposal is open for public comment till June 19. Submissions can be emailed to: email@example.com ; Posted to: DDLMB Senior Project Manager, C/- DELWP Level 3, 8 Nicholson Street East Melbourne 3002; or made online here. the procedure for submissions is simple:
- How strongly do you support the vision of the draft plan?
- How strongly do you support the proposals of the draft plan overall?
- What do you like about the draft plan?
- What would you like to see changed in the draft plan?
- Do you have any other comments?